millions of dollars
recovered for our clients
No case too big or small
No Win No Fee:
We Don't Get Paid Until You Do
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When should I hire a Personal Injury attorney?
You should hire an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible after an accident. The longer you wait, the more you hurt your chances of receiving compensation.
How much does it cost to hire a Personal Injury attorney?
We honor the contingency agreements: no recovery – no fee. Even if we advance significant sums in pursuing your case, we charge no legal fees unless we win your case.
If I am hospitalized or cannot reach your office, what should I do?
If one of our clients is unable to get to our office, one of our Personal Injury attorneys will make arrangements to come to you.
What if I cannot meet during standard office hours?
We understand that some schedules don’t always correspond with standard office hours. That’s why Tenenbaum Law Group can make appointments, when necessary, at various times of the day, early or late, including weekends.
What should I do if I’m in a car accident?
10 Things You Should Know in the Event of a Car Accident:
- Call the police and make sure the accident report has been completed. Do not leave without a copy of a written report or contact and auto insurance information prepared by police.
- In the event police does not arrive to the scene, collect the following information from the other driver: driver’s license (ideally a photo); insurance card; make, model, and license plate number of the car(s) involved.
- Stay calm, do not get into any conversations or arguments with other driver(s) or third parties except emergency respondents. Do not discuss facts of your case or observations. If you are not sure what to tell a police officer, contact Tenenbaum Law Group. Under no circumstances, do not make any admission of your fault.
- Take photos and/or videos of all vehicles involved and scene of accident (street names and lanes). Take numerous clear photos that may help later to prove your case in court. Ideally, have photos taken even before police arrives as vehicles may be ordered to be moved. Make sure some photos are taken of the entire vehicles with license plates clearly visible.
- When exiting your vehicle, observe traffic density and speed before doing so. Many times, secondary accidents may occur while exiting the vehicle.
- If there is a witness to the accident, make sure you retain such witness’ detailed contact information (at least name, phone, and email address). Witnesses are very important.
- Seek medical treatment if you are hurt. Regardless whose fault it is, your health is most important. If you do not feel well immediately or days after the accident, seek medical assistance.
- Memorialize everything that happened. You may not end up suing someone, but if you do, you will not be before a jury for years. Write down everything that happened including exactly when, where, and how it occurred. Take photos of your injuries.
- Do not communicate with the other side’s insurance company and do not give a recorded statement to the adverse insurance company or any of their representatives.
- Keep track of medical bills and visits, and time lost from work. Even if a medical bill is paid by your insurance, if it is related to an accident it is part of your damages.
In any accident, almost everyone you know will have an option for you. Do not listen to non-lawyers or anyone else not directly involved in your case. While people may mean well, no two cases are alike. Seek professional legal advice. This shall prevent any mistakes that may hurt your case down the road. Do not delay– contact Tenenbaum Law Group for a no-cost no-obligation consultation.
I know a divorce attorney. Can’t they handle my Personal Injury case?
Although you can hire any lawyer that is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois, it is in your best interest to hire a Personal Injury Attorney with years of experience and training. Lawyers who practice other types of law may not have the knowledge that is vital to ensure you receive maximum compensation.
Can I change attorneys?
If you are not satisfied with your current attorney, you can hire a different attorney without having to pay added fees.