millions of dollars
recovered for our clients
No case too big or small
No Win No Fee:
We Don't Get Paid Until You Do
Construction Accidents Lawyer, Glenview, Chicago Northwest Suburbs
These injuries are often suffered from falls, electrocution, or being hit by objects. Injuries at construction sites can be severe and life-changing. In Illinois, there are special laws in place to protect the health and safety of construction workers. Unfortunately, these laws are not always followed. Injuries are common to the neck, back, and eyes.
Common injuries for construction accident victims include collapsed or defective scaffolding, faulty ladders, steep stairs, unsecured ladders, falling objects, improperly installed objects, tool malfunction, demolition, contact with dangerous substances or lack of supply of protective gear like goggles or breathing apparatus.
There are many different types of construction accidents, some of which include:
- Accidents involving heavy machinery
- Misuse of vehicles, operator error, machine failure, inadequate safety equipment, exposure to toxins, and more.
- Crane accidents
- Cranes carrying heavy materials often strike workers or breakdown.
- Electrocution accidents
- Such as surface-level burns, internal burns, falls, permanent disability, and more.
- Slip and trip, elevated surfaces, and more.
- Forklift accidents
- Operator error, overweight load, and more.
- Scaffolding accidents
- The US Department of Labor reports that 72% of workers injured in scaffolding accidents were injured by the planking or support giving way, to the employee slipping, or being struck by a falling object.
- Trench collapses
- When an excavation trench collapses, crush injuries and deaths are often an unfortunate result.
- Welding accidents
- Welding accidents usually involve burns or exposure to radiation.
Construction accidents are governed under negligence law which required the injured worker to show that their employer or the owner of property had a duty and breached a duty to the injured person. The injured worker must also show that their injury was caused by the owner of the property or the employer’s negligence.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a construction accident, call us at 847-724-0300 for a free consultation with a Cook County personal injury lawyer.
Tenenbaum Law Group Reaches $275,000.00 Settlement for Trapped Truck Operator in Elmhurst
Tenenbaum Law Group announced another six-figure settlement in a highly-litigated case involving an operator trapped in a cab of his vehicle under a dump trailer failed. While our client was dumping a load of backfill on a construction site in Elmhurst, Illinois, the defective trailer rolled over on top of the driver’s side of the cab.
We serve clients throughout Chicagoland including: Arlington Heights • Deerfield • Des Plaines • Elmwood Park • Evanston • Glencoe • Glenview • Golf Village • Harwood Heights • Highland Park • Kenilworth • Lincolnwood • Morton Grove • Mount Prospect • Niles • Northbrook • Northfield • Park Ridge • Prospect Heights • Rolling Meadows • Rosemont • Schiller Park • Skokie • Wilmette • Winnetka • Cook County • Lake County • and more in Chicago Northwest Suburbs, Illinois.