millions of dollars
recovered for our clients
No case too big or small
No Win No Fee:
We Don't Get Paid Until You Do
Premises Liability Lawyer, Glenview, Chicago Northwest Suburbs
Premises liability claims include situations when a tenant or visitor has an accident on property that is owned by another person or entity. If the harm that the victim experienced was caused by negligence on the part of the property owner, the owner can be held liable for their acts or omissions that caused the victim’s harm, and the victim can be entitled to damages. The plaintiff must prove that the property owner acted negligently by failing to do one of the following:
- Maintain the property in a safe condition;
- Correct a known hazard; or/and
- Warn the plaintiff of the hazard.
Common types of premises liability cases include slip and fall accidents, exposure to hazardous or toxic substances (like lead, mold, etc.), drownings, and more. Landowners, landlords, and their insurance companies aggressively defend premises liability cases to avoid paying plaintiffs in accident and wrongful death lawsuits.
What should you do if you are injured on someone else’s property?
- Seek medical attention. Your health is most important.
- It is vital that you are aware of statues of limitations within the state in which the accident occurred. These statutes must be met within a valid time frame for your claim to be valid. This is one of many reasons it is important to consult a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to preserve your rights.
- Gather as much information as possible. Take pictures of accident and retain information of any witnesses.
- If you are injured while on the premises of a business, in most cases the store manager or security officer will make an incident report. Before you leave the premises, be sure you have a copy of the incident report but do NOT sign it.
If you are in a premises liability accident, seek medical help, keep a record of all receipts, and call us at 847-724-0300 for a free consultation with a Cook County personal injury lawyer.
We serve clients throughout Chicagoland including: Arlington Heights • Deerfield • Des Plaines • Elmwood Park • Evanston • Glencoe • Glenview • Golf Village • Harwood Heights • Highland Park • Kenilworth • Lincolnwood • Morton Grove • Mount Prospect • Niles • Northbrook • Northfield • Park Ridge • Prospect Heights • Rolling Meadows • Rosemont • Schiller Park • Skokie • Wilmette • Winnetka • Cook County • Lake County • and more in Chicago Northwest Suburbs, Illinois.