millions of dollars
recovered for our clients
No case too big or small
No Win No Fee:
We Don't Get Paid Until You Do
Transportation Accidents Lawyer, Wilmette
Anytime a driver operates a motor vehicle, they are accepting responsibility for the safety of everyone else on the road. However, accidents can and do happen. When a driver’s neglectful behaviors or actions result in a serious injury or death of another person, the driver should be held liable. Since 1999, Tenenbaum Law Group has helped people who have been seriously injured in accidents seek the compensation and justice they deserve.
Our Cook County accident lawyers represent clients who have suffered significant and life-changing personal injuries or lost a loved one in all types of accident cases including:
- Car crashes
- Even the best drivers are still at risk from being involved in a serious car accident. We cover DUIs, collisions, defective designs, and more.
- Motorcycle & Bicycle accidents
- We cover “dooring” accidents, injuries from bicycle accidents, and more.
- Train and railroad accidents
- Illinois railroad accidents are very common, and due to the immensity of railroad cars, the injuries involved can be very serious and life-threatening. Victims of railroad negligence may be entitled to compensation, but it is crucial to take legal action early to protect your rights.
- Pedestrian accidents
- When a pedestrian is struck by a vehicle, the pedestrian may have injuries to their entire body. Even death is a possibility in a pedestrian accident since they lack protections like seat belts or airbags.
- Bus collisions
- Our Cook County lawyers handle all types of bus accident cases for injured victims. Some of these types of accidents include CTA, school bus, chartered bus tours, shuttle bus, Greyhound, Megabus and others.
- Aviation accidents
- As with other types of transportation accidents, there may be multiple factors encompassing an airline accident playing a part in its cause. Some of these factors include defective equipment, FAA regulation violations, pilot oversight, flight service negligence, and more.
- Boating accidents
- There are multiple factors that can contribute to accidents on Illinois waterways, such as operator error or inexperience, utilizing a watercraft under the influence of drugs or alcohol, equipment failure, unfortunate weather and/or water conditions, and more. Whether involving privately owned vessels, personal watercraft (jet skis, water skis, etc.), or even ferries, Tenenbaum Law Group can help.
- Trucking accidents
- Truck accident injuries can be severe due, in part, to the sheer size of semi-trucks and tractor-trailers. Common truck accidents include distracted, intoxicated, or sleep-deprived drivers as well as overloaded trucks, hit-and-runs, and rollovers.
- Distracted Drivers
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, each day in the United States approximately 9 people are killed and over 1,000 people are hurt in crashes that involve a distracted driver. Distracted driving is driving while doing any activity that takes the driver’s attention away from driving. The three main types of distraction are taking your eyes off the road, taking your hands off the wheel, and taking your mind off driving.
Anything that takes a driver’s attention away from driving can become a distraction. For instance, sending a text message, talking on a cell phone, using a navigation system, eating, and driving are just some of the common examples of distracted driving. While any of these distractions can endanger the driver and others on the road, it is by no means an exhaustive list.
Not all distractions are created equal. For instance, texting while driving is especially dangerous because it combines all three types of distractions. When you text and drive, you take your eyes off the road, take your hands off the wheel, and take your mind off driving. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, when a driver sends or reads a text message, the driver takes his or her eyes off the road for approximately 5 seconds. If the driver is driving at a speed of 55 mph, the driver can cover the length of a football field while sending or reading the text message.
Some motor vehicle accidents include those involving drunk or hit and run drivers, uninsured or underinsured drivers, as well as accidents occurring from motor vehicle, SUV and semi-tractor trailer collisions and rollovers. We also represent people who are seriously injured in car accidents, collisions or crashes resulting from defective products or design in automobiles and trucks, such as defective seat belts, tires or gas tanks.
Injuries suffered as a result of these types of accidents can be severe and life altering. You may have suffered head injuries, nerve damage or spinal cord paralysis, broken or dislocated a bone or limb, or even lost the use of a limb. Our firm understands that your immediate goals after going through such trauma are to get your medical bills paid and covered, make sure you do not suffer financially through any lost wages, and make sure your insurance company will pay for future treatment relating to your injury.
The Cook County accident lawyers of Tenenbaum Law Group have successfully handled nearly every type of motor vehicle negligence case and recovered millions of dollars in Illinois accident verdicts and settlements for victims and their families.
During your free initial consultation, our experienced Illinois car accident attorneys will discuss your situation and go over the options available to you, as well as work with insurance companies and other parties involved in your case to make sure all your needs are handled quickly and appropriately.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a transportation accident, call us at 847-724-0300 for a free consultation with a Cook County personal injury lawyer.
We serve clients throughout Chicagoland including: Arlington Heights • Deerfield • Des Plaines • Elmwood Park • Evanston • Glencoe • Glenview • Golf Village • Harwood Heights • Highland Park • Kenilworth • Lincolnwood • Morton Grove • Mount Prospect • Niles • Northbrook • Northfield • Park Ridge • Prospect Heights • Rolling Meadows • Rosemont • Schiller Park • Skokie • Wilmette • Winnetka • Cook County • Lake County • and more in Chicago Northwest Suburbs, Illinois.